Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Changing of the Season

I don't know what happened over the past week, but here in NYC, we went from lovely nice warm and somwhat breezy weather, to just plain nippy coolish winds...it feels like the Fall already. What happened to us? This summer we (in NY) literally had about 5 weeks of summer. That's something the groundhog didn't predict at all.

Yesterday was also the first day of school here. Now that parents don't have to take their kids around during the week, or keep an eye on them, the parents can actually go out and play. Case in point: Went to a cafe that I had gone to last week. Last week, there were a total of about 5 people there by 9:30am sitting and having their coffee/tea, etc. Today, by 9:30, this place (which is pretty big) was packed solid. I felt so bad that my computer was plugged into an outlet (because it dies after about 5 minutes of not being plugged in) that I decided to be considerate and leave after an hour (normally i would just sit there all day trying to get some work done.)

That's my story for now. yesterday was 9-9-09...anything interesting happen to anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment